Inspired by the original Rediffusion company which distributed voices out across the city, Re-Rediffusion has formed to see if they can reverse the network.
They’ve been extracting, gathering and distilling voices from across the city and have now found a way to harness this extraordinary energy within the multi-sensory Voice Park.
Play with the collective power of Hull’s voice. Walk amongst it, charge a cloud of vapour with your voice and play with interactive voice ppods to help Re-Rediffusion in their quest to find the Essence de Voix – the most potent distillation of the city’s combined voices.
Voice Park will be open at Pickering Park Pool from Tuesday 26 September to Sunday 1 October and is FREE.
– Re-Rediffusion’s Voice Park is free to attend and no booking is required.
– Visitors can attend at any point during the stated opening hours.
– Voice Park takes place at Pickering Park Pool. Entrance is via main gates to Pickering Park via Pickering Road and Hessle High Road.
– Parking is extremely limited in Pickering Park, so we advise the use of public transport or travelling by foot where possible. See our FAQs page for more information about travel.
– Voice Park is open in both light and dark house, and will take place in most weathers. Please dress for the weather and wear sensible footwear. There may be areas of the ground that are muddy or uneven underfoot.
– With the exception of assistance dogs, animals will not be admitted.
– Voice Park will go ahead in most weathers. If you are concerned pleased our Facebook and Twitter pages in the first instance.
– Visit our FAQs page for more information.
We hope you enjoy the event. Don’t forget to share your pictures with us on our Facebook and Twitter, and keep following our investigations at greenginger.org
Voice Park is a highly visual, multi-sensory experience, which can be enjoyed by all who attend.
Access to Pickering Park is level and pathways are mainly level with some easy to moderate slopes as you travel round. The site is suitable for wheelchairs.
Please bear in mind that there may be lots of people joining us in Voice Park during both light and dark hours. Although lighting will be provided the ground may be muddy and uneven, so please take care and ensure you and your group are appropriately prepared.
To discuss any specific access needs, please contact Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about Land of Green Ginger.
If you have purchased a ticket for an event/activity at this venue through hull2017.co.uk, please do not contact the venue direct with enquiries for that purchase as they will be unable to help.
|Tuesday||3.30pm – 9.30pm|
|Wednesday||3.30pm – 9.30pm|
|Thursday||3.30pm – 9.30pm|
|Friday||3.30pm – 9.30pm|
|Saturday||12 noon – 9.30pm|
|Sunday||12 noon – 9.30pm|