Between the cracks and gaps of the city, tiny people go about their normal, everyday lives.
Using the constant stream of rubbish discarded by humans, they’ve been gathering, recycling and building, sidestepping the eyes and feet of giants to build their own world; it’s a sprawling and vibrant Micropolis.
Enter a world of skyscrapers, homes, shop fronts, bars and gardens, a city built on ingenuity and the desire to survive and grow. Catch a glimpse of a miniature party in full swing and seek out the Town Crier’s news. From butchers to burlesque dancers, window cleaners to workmen, familiar lives and faces unfold in perfect miniature.
Explore a bustling city built from all corners of ours.
– Micropolis is free to attend and no booking is required.
– Visitors are invited to attend at any point during the stated opening hours.
– Last entry to Micropolis is 8:30pm.
– Micropolis takes place at Springhead Pumping Station, Springhead Avenue (off Willerby Road), HU5 5HZ.
– Parking around Springhead Pumping Station is extremely limited, so we advise the use of public transport or travelling by foot where possible. See our FAQs page for more information about travel.
– Micropolis is an indoor experience, however the building is not heated and the entrance is approximately 5 minutes walk from the main gates. Lighting will be provided, but there may be areas of the ground that are muddy or uneven under foot. Please dress for the weather and wear sensible footwear.
– With the exception of assistance dogs, animals will not be admitted.
– Micropolis will go ahead in all weather. If you are concerned please check our Facebook and Twitter pages before you travel.
– Visit our FAQs page for more information
Find out more about Land of Green Ginger.
If you have purchased a ticket for an event/activity at this venue through hull2017.co.uk, please do not contact the venue direct with enquiries for that purchase as they will be unable to help.
|Monday||2pm – 8.30pm|
|Tuesday||2pm – 8.30pm|
|Wednesday||2pm – 8.30pm|
|Thursday||2pm – 8.30pm|
|Friday||2pm – 8.30pm|
|Saturday||2pm – 8.30pm|
|Sunday||2pm – 8.30pm|
Created by multidisciplinary artist duo Davy and Kristin McGuire.