Personal Assistant to the CEOs and Chair
Hull 2017, the organisation set up to deliver Hull UK City of Culture 2017, will carry on as a new permanent national arts company based in the city but operating nationally and with a remit to transform the future of cities through arts and culture. 2017 has by any standards been a success and we will build on the momentum of an extraordinary year that has seen more than 1,000 events, hundreds of artists and nine out of ten residents taking part.
We will continue to commission world-class arts programming aimed at residents and visitors, whilst working strategically with partners inside the city and across the UK to cement Hull’s reputation as a centre for culture and creativity. We will also develop the company as an independent agency specialising in culture and cities, which not only commissions work, but offers unrivalled expertise, consultancy and advocacy, across the UK and internationally.
The new team will be lead by recently appointed Creative Director and Executive Director who will operate as joint CEO’s. They have begun the process of recruiting a team of creative and motivated individuals, who will shape a company that will have a key role in transforming cities and the lives of people living in them through culture. In 2018 the company will undergo a rebrand to reflect its refocused and renewed role.
The role will involve providing full administrative support to the joint Chief Executives and the Chair, co-coordinating internal and external meetings, diary management, minute-taking and collating information, running administrative support systems, workload planning, record filing and general administration and support duties including making travel bookings and ensuring the CEO’s and Chair are briefed in advance of any appointments.
The role will provide administrative support to the company’s Board Meetings ensuring that papers are produced and distributed on time, accurate minutes are taken and all associated information is recorded to the highest standards. Key tasks include collating and distributing agendas and papers, note-taking and following-up on actions, and providing support for cross-team working groups and other committees, as required. The Personal Assistant will also order and maintain the company’s stationery provision.
The role will provide HR administration for the team to include recording of annual leave and sickness and support will be the first point of contact for the team, responding to queries and liaising with internal and external stakeholders, and greeting visitors as required.
The post holder will be required to prioritise and juggle multiple priorities, and exercise effective judgement when managing competing deadlines. They will be enthusiastic, proactive and well organised with strong administrative, interpersonal and communication skills with a knowledge and interest in arts and culture.
You will combine your ability to plan and prioritise with a flexibility and curiosity to work beyond this area of work, contributing to areas outside of your daily responsibilities.
– Complex diary management
– Managing phone calls, e-mail and post
– Travel arrangements for CEO’s and Chair
– Expenses collation for CEO’s and Chair
– Managing requests for the Chief Executives and the Chair’s time
– Complex meeting scheduling and prioritising
– Recording of annual leave and sickness for the team
– Administration of the company Board Meetings
– Booking meeting rooms and catering as required
– Undertaking research, drafting documents and implementing actions as directed
– Ordering supplies and stationery and maintaining stock levels
– Any other duties commensurate with the post
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– PA experience to senior management in the cultural sector.
– Good educational achievements
– Experience within an administrative support role, minute taking and complex diary management
– Proficient IT skills, high-level experience and comprehension of Office 365, including Outlook 2016 for diary management
– High-level experience in using SharePoint and OneDrive applications in Office 365
– Experience of taking and writing minutes, summarising discussions and writing reports for Board and Senior Leadership Team meetings
– Experience of preparing presentations and Board papers for meetings
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– The ability to multitask and work flexibly as required
– Experience of ordering and maintaining supplies
– Experience of working with high level stakeholders and providing an excellent first point of contact.
– Maintenance of the highest degree of confidentiality and discretion
– Strong commitment to equality and the organisation’s values
– The ability to work with diplomacy and a high commitment to customer service
– Experience in, or a demonstrable passion for, the cultural sector is desirable.
Download full job specification for Personal Assistant to the CEOs and Chair [.pdf]
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send the following to email@example.com:
– Curriculum Vitae
– Covering letter or supporting statement (no more than two side of A4)
– Current salary and any salary expectations
– Completed equal opportunities monitoring form
CLOSING DATE: midnight 18 Mar 2018
INTERVIEWS: 26 Mar 2018
Hull 2017 is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.