Corporate Events Coordinator
In 2017, the eyes of the world are on Hull as it becomes UK City of Culture. Hull UK City of Culture 2017 Ltd has been set up to deliver 365 days of transformative culture through a range of diverse and high-profile events and projects.
Working in the Partnerships & Development team, the Corporate Events Coordinator will play a key role in the planning and delivery of Hull 2017’s hospitality programme for funding partners. In addition, you will support the delivery of high profile stakeholder and partner events, such as launches, receptions and announcements.
You will be confident, proactive and hardworking, and you will thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in events and the arts, helping to plan, co-ordinate and deliver a wide range of hospitality events.
The role will be part time for a total of three days per week, including evening and weekend working.
– Coordination of guest lists, invitations and responses
– Coordination of tickets, including liaison with Hull 2017 box office and external partners
– Venue booking and liaison
– Ordering catering and liaison with suppliers
– Coordination of venue dressing, including the installation of signage and branded materials
– Supporting the Humber Street Gallery team with the planning and coordination of private events
– Ensuring that appropriate technical facilities are in place as required (to include AV, projection and audio)
– Making travel arrangements and producing itineraries as necessary
– General administration as required, including the completion of brief show reports for each event
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will be an ambitious person looking to start a career in events or the cultural sector, and who can demonstrate:
– Good written, verbal and IT skills
– Effective and confident communicator
– Excellent time management skills, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
– Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Willingness to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends
– A strong interest in arts and culture
Previous experience in corporate events or hospitality is desirable, but not required.
This is a part-time, fixed-term position based in Hull until 31st December 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Curriculum vitae
– Covering letter or supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4)
– Completed equal opportunities monitoring form. Download here [.pdf]
Download full job description here [.pdf].
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 6 April 2017
Interview date: Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 April 2017. Invites to interview will be made on Friday 7 April 2017.
Hull 2017 is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.