In 2017, the eyes of the world are on Hull as UK City of Culture. Hull UK City of Culture Ltd. has been set up to deliver 365 days of transformative culture through a range of diverse and high-profile events and projects. As we approach the end of the first quarter we are seeking additional Assistant Producers to bring extra capacity to the busy Programming and Delivery team in this exciting period.
Assistant Producers support the Producers to deliver high quality productions and events ensuring that assigned projects are delivered within timeframes and budgets, and meet the strategic objectives of Hull 2017.
Project Administration / Producing support
The Assistant Producer will be expected to work closely with the Project Producers on all aspects of Hull 2017 projects (although they will not have sole responsibility for any productions). This will involve:
- Taking the administrative lead to ensure that all relevant financial, contractual, production and schedule, box-office information, and contacts for each project is up to date using Hull 2017’s systems and processes;
- Coordinating project meetings, site visits, workshops etc as required and producing and disseminating schedules and minutes to relevant individuals, departments and organisations;
- Agreeing timelines for the delivery of projects and working with the Project Producers to ensure that these timelines are adhered to;
- Assisting with gathering information and documentation required for contracts for productions, co-productions, co-commissions;
- Direct communication with artists and creative partners, helping to facilitate their work;
- Working with the Artist Liaison team to provide the requisite information for travel, accommodation and accreditation arrangements and any necessary visas and work permits;
- Attending team meetings and other meetings as required, to report on the progress of projects to inform overall project planning, pre-production and delivery and to ensure smooth co-ordination of logistics, budgets and scheduling across departments.
- Providing support to the Producers for managing project budgets;
- Working within Hull 2017’s agreed finance and accountancy procedures to ensure smooth administration of all financial aspects of each project. This will include the prompt and accurate requisition and coding of purchase orders, invoices and monitoring and reconciling of production floats and expenses claims;
- Support for the Producers in providing the Hull 2017’s Finance & Administration team with regular and accurate updates of budget projections and cashflows, together with the provision of other financial information as required;
- Providing accurate and timely contractual information to ensure all payments to artists / organisations are going to schedule.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Working with Creative Partners and Hull 2017’s Evaluation and Monitoring team to ensure Project Progress and Monitoring Reports are completed accurately and on time.
Marketing & Communications, Education & Volunteering
- Working closely with the Marketing & Communications, teams to support the development of appropriate Marketing and Communications plans for projects and the delivery of these;
- Assisting the Producers in gathering relevant information for Hull 2017’s Marketing and Communications team including up to date biographies, images and copy;
- Working closely with the Education & Volunteering teams to identify opportunities and then coordinate these;
- Working with the Audience Engagement team to develop and implement effective engagement and access strategies
- Observe and uphold Hull 2017’s policies on procurement, sustainability, equal opportunities, volunteering, Health & Safety, evaluation & monitoring;
- Sign and observe Hull 2017’s non-disclosure agreement;
- Contribute to the development and successful delivery of the overall Hull 2017 project;
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the post as agreed with the Executive producers / Project Producers.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Curriculum vitae
- Covering letter or supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4)
- Completed equal opportunities monitoring form. Download here [.pdf]
Closing date: 9am, 27 Mar 2017
Interview date: 30 / 31 Mar 2017
Hull 2017 is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.